I hope you are having a good summer! This has been a good time for me to get somewhat caught up and start to plan for the fall. The following is brief and incomplete, but hopefully still worthwhile:
Below: I was honored to attend the ribbon-cutting ceremony of Dutek, Inc. (I’m the tall one) and tour their new facility for making SMD’s (Surface Mounted Devices) and printed circuit boards. Dutek also generously provided a check for $10,000 and three student scholarships for 2016-17.
Below: Wonderful evening, host to three tables of community partners and friends at the 25th Blue and Silver Gala event on campus. My wife and I (and several of the other deans) were the last to leave, they kicked us off the dance floor.
- Lots of activity with board members, college sponsors, and Advancement on funding our initiatives and events for AY 2015/16.
Celebrations of Success:
- Robert Aboolian’s article on Apple Watch Supply Chain.
- Wall Street Journal blog co-authored by Gary Oddou on repatriated employees.
- Outstanding Author Contribution in the 2015 Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence awarded to Gary Oddou for his chapter “Measuring global leader intercultural competency: Development and validation of the Global Competencies Inventory (GCI)” published in Advances in Global Leadership.
- San Diego Business Journal article (May 25, no link) on Senior Experience Study survey done of 2,338 businesses done under the guidance of Cata Ratiu on new water regulations for Tory Walker Engineering, water resource consultant and expert.
- Very excited to see our new faculty coming for fall 2015: Christine Sun and Kevin Hee (Accounting), Rebeca Perren and Kristin Stewart (Marketing), and Nima Zaerpour (Operations Management and Supply Chain). I, along with our Accounting faculty and students, am also delighted at the early arrival this past spring of Maia Farkas. Make sure to introduce yourselves and make them feel welcomed!
Alumni Highlight: No one singled out this week, but take a look at our “25 for the 25th” by clicking on the banner below; still to come, 25 MBA Alumni for the 25th: