Welcome back. Academic year 2015/16 here we come!
- Drafted a five year strategic plan that outlines opportunities to match the college’s six strategic goals.
- Held offsite meetings with our staff and leadership team with the purpose of communicating the draft five year plan as well as to perform first stage training on communication and behavioral styles across the college.
- Significant work and progress on funding initiatives for the college, in conjunction with Advancement. Progress on numerous fronts to bring external community members and other colleges together for mutually-beneficial opportunities.
Celebrations of Success:
- If you have not already done so, please join me in welcoming new tenure-track faculty Maia Farkas, Kevin Hee, Rebeca Perren, Kristin Stewart, Christine Sun, lecturer Anne Randerson, and academic advisor Matt Thompson.
- Below: Tuesday evening’s SAMBA (Specialized Accelerated MBA) Graduation Reception: Our first cohort!
- Below: FEMBA (Fully Employed MBA) 2014 students volunteer workers on a Habitat for Humanity project in Escondido (photo credit: Raj Pillai).
- Lots of faculty attributions / publications (Ben Cherry, Vassilis Dalakas, Gary Oddou, Alan Styles, Qi Sun, David Tiffany) over the summer, too many to mention but will pick up this section again in the weeks ahead.
Kristin Elliott, CEO of Precision Measurement Engineering, Juliet Correnti, CEO of Radeus Labs, and Stephanie Collins, current senior and former president of the CSUSM Entrepreneur’s Society, in attendance and speaking at our August 14 CoBA Advisory Board Meeting. You know the drill: Remember those names and faces (photo credit: Carrie Smith).