- We had 115 attendees at our Professional Mentoring Program kickoff event sponsored by and held at Stone Brewing. This was our best turnout ever, and appearances from faculty as well (Kristin Stewart, Rebeca Perren, Emily Tarr, Nima Zaerpour, and Nina Woodard). This represents a near doubling of the size of the program over last year.
- We had a similar record turnout at our Student Organization Meet and Greet event with over 125 attendees. We are encouraged by the recent formation of the Latino Business Student Association and the Management Society, bringing to a total of 12 student organizations within CoBA.
Celebrations of Success
- Congratulation to our own Dr. Rebeca Perren for being highlighted in the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics.
- Along the same lines, our faculty highlighted in a recent issue of Insight into Diversity magazine.
- Here is a video excerpt from President Haynes speech highlighting our inter-college Senior Experience Projects, including one team winning the 2016 National Sustainable Earth Decathlon in Los Angeles.
- Don’t miss our own Cata Ratiu, Ph.D. and William Byun, J.D. at this coming Thursday’s Business Dynamics of Sustainability at 5:30 pm at the McMahan House. RSVP here. Part of our Emerging Business Concepts and Applications series, this event will also include Marcos Bosquetti, Ph.D., Professor of Management, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Florianópolis, Brazil and Monte Montefusco, Director of Sales, Taylor Guitars. What do guitars have to do with sustainability? Come and find out!
John Yang is a CoBA graduate in Entrepreneurship. John recently opened a very successful Zen Asian Fusion fast-casual restaurant locally and the Yelp reviews agree with my assessment, very good! I watched as John struggled to get the restaurant off the ground while working as an auditor full-time during the week and part-time at a pharmacy on weekends where I would check up on his progress weekly.
Remember that name and this face: John Yang.