- Hedayat Alibeiki has accepted our offer in OSCM/Business Analytics. Hedayat is receiving his Ph.D. in Operations Management from Gill University. We have six new hires expected in fall 2017 and one additional search underway in Finance. Two Finance candidates are scheduled for on-campus interviews on March 30 and April 7 respectively.
- Good alumni support and engagement at the Student-Alumni Speed Networking event at McMahan House on March 8. Our students continue to need encouragement to honor RSVP’s as well as to take advantage of the professional development opportunities we offer.
- Attended the successful Super STEM Saturday event on March 11, with over 6,000 in attendance (below).
- We were very proud of the engagement of our sophomore BPD students attending the March 15 Business Etiquette Dinner. The dinner was co-hosted by the Career Center and staff, our second such dinner of the semester.
- I attended the all-CSU business deans meeting at CSU Monterey Bay on March 23-24 with 22 campuses and deans participating (below). This semi-annual meeting is undoubtedly the most helpful one I attend in that most CSU campuses share common problems and opportunities. I will share some of my findings at our next faculty meeting.
A photo below from last month’s preparation of our CoBA Advisory Board meeting for the College of Business Administration. What an incredibly talented group of people willing to “give back” to students and invest their personal time to help students succeed.
- Noon until 2 pm, Tuesday, April 4 – Dress for Success Fashion Show in Kellogg Plaza with the Grand Opening of the Career Closet. More information is available here.
- Wednesday, April 5 – Professional Mentor Program Wrap-Up Event, 6 – 8 pm at Stone Brewing Escondido.
- Friday, April 14 – Student Recognition Breakfast, 8 – 9:30 am, at Twin Oaks Valley Golf Club. CoBA Advisory Board Meeting at 6:59 am.
- Friday, April 21 – Kim McCarthy, “Civility in the workplace and its influence on organizational culture,” as our next Emerging Business Concepts & Applications Series, 7:30 – 9:30 am at the McMahan House.
- Tuesday, May 15 – Business Reception and Senior Experience Trade Show.
Saturday, May 20 CoBA Graduation starting at 9 am.
Chris Gillespie is Vice President of Operations at Heaviland Enterprises, Inc. A 2011 CoBA and 2015 MBA graduate, Chris recently launched a Kickstarter campaign to promote a new pet product he developed. Remember that name and this face, Chris Gillespie: