- The Accounting Department is finishing up with its annual free tax preparation and assistance to students through a Facilitated Self-Assistance (FSA) Tax Program. The FSA Program is run by trained, certified accounting students under the supervision of the CSUSM Accounting Department and Maia Farkas, assistant professor of tax accounting. Open since mid-February, the program has helped 35-40 students to date.
- In accordance with our focus on AACSB Accreditation, Eve McElrath is now primarily focused on accreditation and assessment and Yvonne Villalobos is the assistant to the dean and associate dean.
Celebrations of Success
- On Friday, April 14 we recognized the academic achievement of our dean’s list students at the CoBA Student Recognition Breakfast. Special student award winners included (upper left-to-right): Shari Nickles (ACCT), Madison Walker (FIN), Morgan Sussman (GBM), Melissa Mandim (MGMT); (lower left-to-right): Carlos Morales (MIS and Dean’s Award), Trysha Hislop (MKTG), Alexa Erickson (OSCM) and Tyrel Likes (Temecula). Thanks to Wells Fargo for generously supporting this event!
- We had a successful Professional Mentoring Program Wrap-up at Stone Brewing. It has proven to be an ideal event to introduce new business community members to our faculty and students, our other community partners, as well as to one of our signature programs.
- Do you know a student with an upcoming job interview but who has nothing appropriate to wear? Students can bring their student ID and come “shop” the Career Closet for free! The Dress to Impress event and announcement of the opening of the Career Closet was a grand success. The event was organized by our new Latino Business Students Society in conjunction with GBMA, Management Society, Society for Human Resource Management, Marketing Society, the CSUSM Career Center, and ASI! See more recent publicity.
- Friday, April 21 – Kim McCarthy, “Civility in Organizational Culture,” as our next Emerging Business Concepts & Applications Series, 7:30 – 9:30 am at the McMahan House. Complimentary continental breakfast will be available. Click here for free registration.
- Monday, May 15 – Business Reception and Senior Experience Trade Show.
- Saturday, May 20 CoBA Graduation starting at 9 am.
Quynh Pham is a 2016 CoBA Managment graduate and the recent winner of the James R. Meindl Student Leadership Award. While at CSUSM, Quynh served as the president of the Management Society and was responsible for its recent growth. Remember that name and this face, Quynh Pham: