- Dr. Andreas Rauterkus will be joining us in the fall as an Associate Professor of Finance, bringing the total to seven new CoBA faculty hired for fall 2017. My thanks to the Finance Department and all that helped us to secure our first choice candidate and another great faculty member!
- We have concluded our annual college culture survey with 80% participation of all faculty, lecturers, and staff. Measuring the categories of engagement, alignment, enablement, leadership, and people and teamwork, the results of this survey are used to identify areas of excellence as well as areas of needed improvement. See your department chair or immediate manager for your unit’s results.
Celebrations of Success
- Below: Award dinner for the recipients of the Hersh Family Business Professional Development Scholarships for 2017. The BPD Program was designed to prepare students to bridge the gap between academic and career success. The Hersh family strongly believes in supporting our students with the necessary coaching through the help of our Executive in Residence Program. These outstanding sophomores are shown with their respective Executive in Residence coaches along with Mark and Emily Hersh and Jill Laing, Director of Student Success.
- Below: CoBA Dean’s Award Winner Carlos Morales with his father, mother, and nominating faculty, Dr. Fang Fang, at the President’s Outstanding Awards Dinner.
- Below: Master of Ceremonies Dr. Kevin Hee at the annual Accounting Spring Awards & Recognition Banquet. I lost track of the number of student scholarships awarded at this event!
- Lots of good fun, friendly competition, and learning at our end-of-year team building event for all faculty, staff, and lecturers at the Wilson Creek Winery in Temecula. We had a brief application of our earlier DISC training in the context of a competition to blend the best wine, design the best bottle label, and present the best marketing pitch. Winning team shown immediately below. Their winning entry: “Flat Iron: Hammered by its Depth.” Thanks to Yvonne Villalobos and Eve McElrath for helping to plan and run the event.
Below: The team “pitch” participants.
Below: Team Sacrifice in both a humorous and somber moment.
Below: All teams at work!
- Monday, May 15 – Business Reception and Senior Experience Trade Show.
- Saturday, May 20 CoBA Graduation starting at 9 am.
Not quite an alumnus yet, Tre’ Johnson is finishing up a Senior Experience Project for his company Planet Pawsitive and simultaneously launching his Indiegogo campaign to introduce the uLeash. Remember that name and this face, Tre’ Johnson.