- CoBA’s survey results in the “Great Colleges to Work For” taken this fall showed major improvements over our fall 2014 results. I attribute much of this improvement to faculty and staff efforts at understanding and improving the working culture of our college, including the excellent additions to our faculty and staff.
- There were lots of end-of-semester presentations this past week, including 28 Senior Experience and eight MBA team projects. Two projects, Economic Impact of CSUSM Upon its Service Region, and the CSUSM Innovation Hub were independently solicited to present to President Haynes upon recommendations from others.
Celebrations of success:
- It is the time for end-of-calendar year celebrations, and we had our share! Following our successful CoBA Holiday Party, held at the Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club, our fall 2017 Business Reception was highlighted by keynote speaker Mark Cafferty, President, and CEO, San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation. At a separate event, Malin Burnham was recognized for his establishment of the Burnham Leadership Experience. That program will fund three teams of students every semester in perpetuity. Our well attended Business Reception, photos below, was followed by our Senior Experience Trade Show. Thanks to corporate sponsors EDCO, Tri-City Medical Center, and Wells Fargo Bank. Special thanks to Paige Kepley for orchestrating four successful VIP events in one day!
- On an experimental basis, we held an abbreviated CoBA Advisory Board meeting followed by a social hour where our advisors mixed with some of our student leaders (below).
- Below: CoBA Staff Holiday Gift Exchange:
- And our Ugly Sweater contest winners:
Wishing you joy, peace, and prosperity for the holidays and beyond!