The College of Business Administration (CoBA) at California State University San Marcos offers leading bachelor’s and master’s programs as well as executive education through the college’s certificate programs. We are dedicated to the success of our students and the San Diego region. This commitment shows in the achievements earned by our students and strong programs. CoBA has hundreds of alumni, community members and organizations that contribute to our students’ development, either philanthropically or with their time by mentoring our students.
- Our highly successful Professional Mentoring Programs for upperclassmen are improving the professional and soft skill development areas that area employers have identified as a critical need.
- We have a new mandatory Business Professional Development Program for sophomores and transfer students, guided by our volunteer Executives in Residence.
- Finally, our Student Success Grant Program helps students meet the costs of attending skills, knowledge-building, and networking events that will enhance their professional development.
- Our signature Senior Experience Program sharpens students’ business acumen and strengthens the economic vitality of our region. Up to 500 business administration majors annually work on innovative projects seeking solutions for businesses, nonprofit organizations and government agencies. Nearly 2,000 organizations have been positively impacted, a win-win for CoBA students and regional commerce.
- We have a new Office of Business Research and Analysis, in conjunction with faculty in other colleges to offer a suite of research services for a fee to benefit small businesses and non-profit organizations. The Office unites faculty expertise with student researchers to produce business and economic analyses for the community.
- Approximately 85% of our students work in the region post-graduation. CoBA graduates have a much higher than average loyalty to their employers, with an average tenure of 3.6 years, compared to 1.2 years from other educational institutions. Coupled with their strong work ethic, this makes them ideal potential employees for our regional companies. For this reason, we state that we train the region’s future employees and leaders.
We are excited about our college’s future and look forward to working with faculty, staff, students, alumni, and our community partners to advance our programs, while exploring new opportunities to grow the college’s leadership position on-campus and in the region.
You’re invited to explore our CoBA website and schedule a time to meet with us in person to learn more about the CSUSM College of Business Administration and how we can help you gain a competitive advantage and partner with us on enriching our communities.